Sharjah: Mohammad Aftab Alam, the father of a 15-year-old missing Indian boy in Sharjah, on Thursday offered a reward of 5,000 dirhams to anyone who finds his son.
Mohammed Pervez has been missing from his home in Sharjah’s Muweilah area since July 4. It is believed that the boy got upset with his mother who stopped him from watching a show on YouTube and snatched his smartphone, Gulf News reported.
“I would just like to see him come home safe. We have been praying all day since he’s disappeared,” Alam told Gulf News.
“We will give 5,000 dirhams to anyone who produces any kind of information about my son. anything, I just want him back.”
On Thursday, Alam travelled with Sharjah police authorities to Kalba, Fujairah, in search of his son. They were accompanied by child protection officials. The police said they will not intervene in any efforts made by the family to find their son.
“A three-member team of the child protection team took me to Kalba where my brother Mohammad Firoze Alam lives. We were hoping to find some clues there,” Alam said.
Several leads have been chased since Pervez went missing but none has panned out so far, the report said.
As per reports, the Grade IX student got upset and went missing after his mother chided him for watching a historical Hindi drama on YouTube and snatched his smartphone.
The boy’s father said Pervez had just 8 dirhams with him.
“How long can it possibly last? At first we thought he’d come back in the afternoon but when he didn’t show up until late evening we got worried and alerted the police.
Now, his desperate family has been holding onto hope and fervently praying for the boy’s safe return.