New Delhi: Some brides dream to have long, lustrous and shiny tresses on their D-day.
While one can’t really wave a magic-wand to dramatically grow one’s hair, there are a few conjuring roadways to speed up hair growth by a bit more than usual.
According to experts, starting a healthy and conscious hair-care regime at-least 5-6 months prior is a great idea. Before even starting a hair-care regime, it’s essential to practice patience, because as they say- patience is the key to success and the results of success is always fruitful.
Here are some sure-fire ways by Shikhee Agrawal, Head Training, The Body Shop, to grow your hair quickly before your wedding day:
– Massage them tresses- Applying oil to the hair is a good way to increase blood circulation and also provide the much required moisture. Brides with already oily hair should apply oil once a week and if you have dry hair, you should apply hair oil at least twice a week.
– Go chemical free- Using eco-conscious shampoos with no silicones, sulphites, parabels and colourant will work to lift away impurities without over-stripping. It helps in balancing hair’s optimal moisture levels, leaving it healthier-looking and full of life.
– Regular shampoos contain a lot of chemicals which are as harsh as detergents which greatly deplete the hair and moisture of the scalp. These shampoos should be completely vanished from the bride-to-be’s bathroom!
– Deep conditioning- Going gaga over conditioners with natural plant based ingredients like coconut oil, Babassu oil and honey is a great way to promote hair growth. Using a natural product will slowly and steadily reduce fizziness, leaving them softer and manageable.
– Say no to styling and external heat: The extreme heat from hair dryers can be an obstacle in growth of hair. While the bride-to-be is doing all the efforts to enhance hair growth, using a hair dryer for styling or just drying can make the hair roots weaker, resulting in breakage.
Hair is at the most vulnerable stage when wet and one should treat it like a silk blouse- don’t iron or heat it up. Also it’s smart to use a brush with smooth or rounded teeth or bristles, which will massage the hair and scalp without damaging them. It relieves one’s head which in turns improves blood circulation and stimulate the scalp while regularly distributing the hair’s natural oils from root to tip.
Silk pillow case for silky hair- Our hair produces natural oils that keep ones hair healthy. Each day, however, we spend 8-9 hours on a cotton, rayon or polyester fabric pillow which can seep all that oil from hair, leaving it dry. Replacing cotton pillow with a silk one can be healthy for hair and skin; it’s like even while sleeping one is following a hair care routine.
Don’t over wash- Washing hair each day of the week may result in the removal of natural oils that can nourish one’s scalp and promote hair growth.
“Also, it’s not just what you put in the hair that can have an influence but also what you put in your plate that will replenish the hair growth. Eating healthy nutritive food is one of the greatest secrets for not just lustrous manes but also for a healthier and glowing skin,” Agrawal said.
“Including foods rich in Vitamin D, Vitamin E, zinc and protein helps in strengthening hair shaft and making it grow faster. It has a long lasting impact on not just the growth but also improving the texture and quality of hair. Foods like eggs, fish, oranges and nuts like sunflower seeds, walnuts, almonds and flax seeds are hair friendly nuts as they have plenty of healthy fats and protein that is helpful in hair growth,” she concluded.