Weekend lockdown continues in Palestine

Ramallah, Jan 2 : A complete weekend lockdown continued across Palestine on Saturday for a fourth consecutive week in an effort to stem the Covid-19 pandemic spread.

On Friday, Palestine’s Minister of Health Mai al-Kaila said that there were 11 new coronavirus deaths in the West Bank, four in the Gaza Strip, and three in East Jerusalem, reports Xinhua news agency.

She also said that the Ministry recorded 1,450 new Covid-19 cases and 2,088 recoveries in the Palestinian territories, adding that 116 patients remain in intensive care units.

“Since the outbreak of the coronavirus in Palestine in March last year, the Health Ministry has recorded 156,815 cases, including 1,550 deaths and 134,906 recoveries,” al-Kaila said.

READ:  Italy's cabinet approves EU-backed post-Covid recovery plan

Meanwhile, the full lockdown dominated the West Bank and the Gaza Strip for the fourth consecutive weekend to curb the increasing infections with the virus.

The lockdown includes the closure of all sectors, except bakeries and pharmacies.

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from IANS service.

Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News
Back to top button