Sunday , August 20 2017
Home / Crime / Crime and Accident / 23 injured in fire at family gathering

23 injured in fire at family gathering

Vidisha:Twenty-three persons including seven children were injured in a fire caused by leaking gas cylinder at a family gathering on the eve of a wedding in Ahmedpur area of the city last night.

Eighteen persons, six of them with serious injuries, were admitted to a hospital in Bhopal, city superintendent of police Nagendra Pateria told PTI. Five others were being treated at a local hospital.

The mishap took place when dinner was being cooked.

The victims had gathered for a wedding in the family of Naval Kushwaha.

Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and his wife Sadhna today met the victims at Kamla Nehru Hospital in Bhopal. Chouhan assured all help to Kushwaha whose daughter is getting married this evening.

The Chief Minister also announced aid of Rs 50,000 each to those who are injured seriously and Rs 25,000 to others.

—PTI