Monday , October 17 2016
Home / Crime / Boy dies as stunt goes wrong

Boy dies as stunt goes wrong


New Delhi: A 10-year-old boy died after he accidentally strangulated himself while allegedly trying to execute a stunt he had watched on television, in northeast Delhi’s Khajoori Khas area today.

The class 2 student identified as Aman was alone at home when the incident took place today afternoon, police said.

He was watching TV for quite some time after which he went to the terrace and stuck a bamboo stick between two grills and tied a noose with the help of a stole. The stunt demanded stepping on the noose and climbing up, in which the boy failed and got his neck strangled, police said.

A neighbour who went to the adjacent terrace saw Aman lying unconscious and reported the matter to his brother who was somewhere nearby. His brother rushed home and raised an alarm. Aman was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead, police said.

During investigation, it emerged that Aman had recently asked his mother to teach him how to make a noose, for which his mother scolded him. Aman was a curious child anyway so his mother did not take the matter seriously. She had gone to a neighbour’s place leaving Aman alone at home for an hour, police said.

“Aman’s body was sent for a post-mortem examination after which his body was handed over to his family,” police said.

Aman lived with his mother Ruzda and two elder brothers Saakir (17) and Tamad (15). His father Nasidullah died of a prolonged illness around three years ago, police said.

Read Also

Sri Lankan man held in TN without valid travel documents