New Delhi: Move on from the regular kundans, jadaus and opt for diamond instead for the D-Day. For smaller functions like haldi or sangeet instead of covering the forearms with a stack of bangles, brides can pick a trendy hand cuff for the wedding season this year, says an expert.
Jewellery designer Renu Oberoi has shared trends that are expected to rule the wedding season in 2016:
* Brides, for a while now have been gracing kundans, jadaus and uncuts as a major accessory for their wedding day. However, the designer says it’s time to move on to diamonds. Be it minimalistic jewellery or the chokers, diamonds will stand out as sheer classy on any wedding occasion.
* Diamond chokers are an appropriate option for those women who are looking for making a statement this year. One can add colour stones to give a trendy look to the jewellery.
* For smaller wedding occasions, add quirk to your bijou box. Fun flower shapes or solitaire chains will highlight your collar bone and help draw attention.
* When it comes to your sangeet or haldi, instead of covering the forearms with a stack of bangles, the bride can go for a trendy hand cuff with bold detailing. Go minimal on a few occasions instead of going over the top for each ceremony to help avoid boredom with replicas.
* Oversized earring styles in classic bijoux are perfect for light occasions. They can add edginess to ensembles with a high-collared outfit and a pair of bold earrings or trendy ear cuffs.
* Coloured stone maang tikas are statement pieces and a popular pick among all brides, who believe in a traditional yet classy look. Single-stranded tikas might be quite a conservative design, but that is just enough for some brides to look exceptionally elegant and fashionable.