Mumbai: Bollywood actor-producer Aamir Khan on Friday said he endorses Mumbai Police’s reported move to reduce security for him, adding the security personnel can be put to better use.
“I completely endorse the move by Mumbai Police to reduce the security around me,” Aamir posted on Facebook page.
“The police personnel can be put to better use in securing the city. If and when the Mumbai Police feel the need to increase my security, they will. I trust them completely,” Aamir added.
The 50-year-old’s comment came after news emerged that police had downgraded security cover for him and superstar Shah Rukh Khan and axed it for some other celebrities following an audit on threat perceptions.
Accordingly, Shah Rukh and Aamir will now be entitled to two armed constables in two shifts, down from the earlier round-the-clock security by four armed constables and an escort vehicle.
The two had been provided 24×7 security after controversies following their comments on “intolerance” and increased threat perceptions to their lives, said an official.