Friday , August 18 2017
Home / Crime / Crime and Accident / Father-son electrocuted while irrigating fields

Father-son electrocuted while irrigating fields

Electrocuted man in a home accident where the man tried to plug too much into a surge protector cord.

Ghaziabad: A 65 year old man and his 40 year old son were electrocuted today morning as a high voltage wire of the electricity department was lying in the fields that they had gone to irrigate, the police said.

Following the incident, a case of negligence has been lodged against officials of the electricity department.

Deputy Superintendent of police, Devendra Mishra said that the incident occurred today morning in Patla town under the Niwari police station area when the father-son duo went to water their fields.

“As and when Anil stepped in his field he came in contact with a live wire. His father Satyavir rushed to save him but he too was electrocuted then and there,” the police official said.

Family members and locals soon gathered and raised slogans against the alleged negligence of the officials of UPPCL.

SDM Atul Kumar and MLA, Modinagar, Manju Shivach along with other officials reached the spot.

The villagers apprised them about the broken live wire which was lying in the fields.

An FIR has been lodged by the family members of the deceased persons at Niwari police station under sections dealing with causing death due to negligence against the electricity department, the police said.

—PTI