Thursday , October 13 2016
Home / News / Federer not ready to relinquish `SABR` tactic in 2016 season

Federer not ready to relinquish `SABR` tactic in 2016 season


Johannesburg: World number three Roger Federer has said that he will continue to polish his sneak-attack tactic ‘ SABR’ as he aims to add more to his record haul of 17 Grand Slams in the 2016 season.

The Swiss maestro attracted headlines across the world for using the strategy, which involves advancing right up to the service line on an opponent’s serve. He employed it to a great effect at the US Open and the preceding Cincinnati final.

Federer, who was in Singapore for the International Premier Tennis League (IPTL), said that he would love to keep trying the tactic in the next season and insisted that he would spend time practicing on it, Sport24 reported.

The 34-year-old will venture into the next season with new assistant coach Ivan Ljubicic, who replaced Stefan Edberg last week. (ANI)

Read Also


Raina to miss ODI series opener against New Zealand