New Delhi: The Budget Session began today with President Pranab Mukherjee’s address to the joint sitting of both the Houses of Parliament.
Highlights of the President’s address:
1. The government’s development philosophy is captured in ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas’.
2. My government in particular is focussed on ‘Garibon Ki Unnati’, ‘Kisano Ki Samridhi’ and ‘Yuvaon Ka Rozgar’.
3. My Government has launched three new social security and pension schemes.
4. Government is committed to provide ‘Housing for All’.
5. Well being of farmers is vital to the nation’s prosperity.
6. Government realises role of animal husbandry, dairy and fisheries sectors.
7. My government’s mission of skilling India has gained momentum.
8. Strong focus on holistic healthcare, strengthening Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and, Sowa-Rigpa and Homoeopathy.
9. My Government firmly believes economic development and environmental protection can co-exist.
10. As part of the Namami Gange Programme, my Government is implementing several projects in all 118 cities and complete sanitation solutions for 1,649 gram panchayats, on the banks of the holy Ganga.
11. Government has been unsparing in punishing those who are found guilty of corruption.
12. Government has envisaged increasing the renewable energy capacity manifold to 175 GW by 2022.
13. Today under my Government, solar power is affordable and accessible to thousands of people. (ANI)