Parsons International Doha, Qatar
We are currently looking for a Contracts Manager to join our prestigious infrastructure project in Doha, Qatar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manages the Contracts Management Group to define staffing assignments and re-assignments as project needs arise and to set project priorities.
– Responsible to provide senior-level guidance to assigned personnel, and ensures proficiency and timeliness of all contract administration functions in conjunction.
– Responsible for the development, review, and maintenance of the Contracts Management Plan and provides updates to the Project Management Plan.
– Collaborates with Client and management consultant to ensure proper support in proposal preparation, as well as contract negotiations and administration.
– Oversees the negotiation of more difficult, complex, or sensitive issues with clients.
– Maintains an active participation in related professional societies to keep abreast of relevant contractual issues.
– Manages and supports completion of the entire tender process (pre-qualification, proposal preparation, tender evaluation as well as contract negotiations and administration) by providing guidance and reviews of direct reports work.
– Provides leadership and supports negotiations of the more difficult, complex, or sensitive issues associated with tender awards.
– Responsible for managing, reporting, and analyzing all contractual matters related to program, including final payments and retention.
– Manages support team to assure contracts effectively managed during the course of the contract period and ensures its close-out is in accordance with established procedures.
– Oversees the reviews and recommendations for claims and other contractual matters to the senior management.
– Oversees the review and/or preparation of the progress reports and supports the Claim/Risk Manager in resolving risks and claims in the best interest of the client through contract related advice.
– Supports other contractual requirements as deemed necessary.
– 4-year degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction management.
– Preferably Chartered Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
– At least 15 years post graduate experience in prime contract administration and management on large international engineering and construction activities, with 10 years experience in managerial role.
– Middle East experience is a must.
– Proven ability to perform independently in a contracts manager‘s role, possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
– Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations related to contracts and their negotiation, experience in construction contract administration.
– Must be very organized and have effective problem solving and negotiating skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide