The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. IBM’s unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries – unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you’ll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value. As a member of the world’s leading and largest consulting organization, you’ll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you’ll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.
As a Customer Experience Strategist you engage our clients and help them define strategies and digital transformation programs that drive their business success in a digital age. With your understanding of how new and emerging digital technologies impact consumers and enterprises, you help clients understand, react to and preempt the changes that digital technology is causing in their world. You will guide them through a human experience centric approach to envision the future, a future that makes use of mobility, deep analytics and insights, social engagement, cloud based and cognitive computing, and intuitive omni-channel experience design. You combine creative thinking and an appreciation of experience design, with business acumen and the rigor needed in successful program planning.
This role involves the following:
• Leverage experience and knowledge of the digital marketplace, customer experience strategies, and innovations to lead clients who are in need of our digital marketing, metrics, experience design, development and strategic consulting solutions
• Develop digitally-focused business and marketing solutions for clients and support development of the project approach definition and detailed project planning efforts
• Combine deep knowledge of industry trends, research-based customer insights, and team leadership to address complex problems for our clients
• Understand current market trends, client needs, and how to shape clients’ views on project deliverables
• Responsible for ensuring delivery of project results in a timely and professional manner; teaming between practitioners, client resources, and third party partners as needed; meeting client business objectives; and delivering with high customer satisfaction
• Ability to work in a time-compressed, highly dynamic, and potentially ambiguous client situation to ensure innovative, impactful solutions are developed and milestones and deliverables are achieved
• Typical engagements include digital business and marketing strategy; cross-channel user experience strategy, metrics and analytics; user research and testing; user experience design; prototyping; and development
o Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Commerce Administration or relevant field
o Over two years in delivering digital customer experience strategy, web / mobile app and marketing projects and initiatives with tangible results, working across organizational and geographic boundaries, and interfacing with client management and executives (C-suite)
o Over two years in applying design thinking methodology, writing creative briefs, and working with design teams on UX and UI designs
o Over two years in contributing to thought leadership in digital customer experience strategy, marketing and branding; facilitation techniques; and leading practices
o Over two years of strategic planning and business development to identify client opportunities and solve for them accordingly
o Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
o Fluency in Arabic with written and oral communication/presentation skills
o Flexibility to travel for up to five days per week over extended periods of time
o Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s degree in relevant field
o Experience in managerial/technology consulting services
o Regional experience (Middle East and Africa) and understanding of cultural nuances
o Understanding of creative design tools (e.g. Adobe Suite)
About the Company
IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 375,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world\’s most advanced servers and supercomputers. Utilizing its business consulting, technology and R&D expertise, IBM helps clients become \”smarter\” as the planet becomes more digitally interconnected. IBM invests more than $6 billion a year in R&D, and just completed its 22nd year of patent leadership. IBM Research has received recognition beyond any commercial technology research organization and is home to 5 Nobel Laureates, 9 US National Medals of Technology, 5 US National Medals of Science, 6 Turing Awards, and 10 Inductees in US Inventors Hall of Fame. The company was behind the inventions of the PC; SABRE travel reservation system; UPC codes, Watson, the Jeopardy!-playing computing system, and much more.