Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
• Leading General Contracting Firm (Centre of Excellence)
• Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
• Competitive Expatriate Salary Package + Benefits
Reference # 589
Our client, a leading general contracting firm with regional MENA operations, seeks to appoint a Director of Construction to their firm to establish a centre of excellence whilst the firm undergoes structural and cultural change. The firm is seeking to reposition its capabilities and resources to that of a “world standard” hence change management is pivotal to executing this role. The firm employs 16,000 staff across the MENA region. The focus of this role is to streamline the project execution process to ensure greater efficiencies and delivery of projects as well as audit all current projects in progress. The project scope of projects is infrastructure, civil and building projects and current projects are valued at USD10B.
Reporting to the CEO and managing a very large project management team, the proven performer we seek for this dynamic and newly created position will comprise the following:
• Development, leadership and management of short and long term strategy lines to achieve goals and objectives for the firm which includes reviewing and revising group/ unit business strategies.
• Advisory to the CEO on utilisation of assets and resources as well as benchmark identification and measurement.
• Audit of all projects project by projects and recommendations thereafter.
• Implementation of policies and procedures to enable streamlining and measurement of execution of works.
• Resource planning and utilisation advisory for projects company wide.
• Setting, implementing and monitoring of project management methodologies, procedures and processes through direct coordination with all Project Directors to enable project execution is achieved on time, to budget and to quality standards with strong HSE performance.
• Managing companywide projects to enable maximum financial flow and minimum cost expenditures without compromising health, safety, environment and quality standards.
• Ensuring projects are meeting client satisfaction and tools and reporting aligned to ensure project measurement.
• Advisory on financial management for all construction projects.
• Management of project and companywide risk management, HSE, quality and safety standards.
• Change Management to ensure restructuring business objectives are achieved.
The attributes we seek for these roles include:
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Construction, Engineering or comparable with at least 15+ years of relevant construction / project management experience within a global general contracting firm.
• Candidates’ background would initially be as a proven Senior Project Director with significant world standard experience and importantly have MENA project experience.
• Must be a proven performer in the development and implementation of world standard project execution methodologies.
• Strong leadership skills, negotiation abilities and analytical skills essential as well as accuracy and attention to detail.
• Bilingual language skills in English and Arabic would be highly regarded but is not essential.
A competitive salary package will be offered to attract exceptional candidates to this growth organization. To apply, forward your resume in Word format quoting reference # 589.
About the Company
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through ‘best fit candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.