Our Client is located within the Port of Sohar Free Zone in the Sultanate of Oman. It is a joint venture company between the government of the Sultanate of Oman and a multi-national company with vast experience and capabilities in exploration geology, mining, and mineral processing.
OmanCareers is seeking to recruit an OMANI to fill the position of ‘Maintenance Manager’, who will be responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of our client. The ideal candidate would oversee all aspects of facility maintenance, reliability, and facility projects. He/She would also supervise and coordinate the activities of workers/contractors engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining of facilities, utilities, machinery and equipment.
The ideal candidate is expected amongst other things to;
– Ensure a safe and environmentally compliant working environment for the staff and people.
– Reduce plant downtime through optimisation of equipment performance by providing a cost-effective maintenance service.
– Be accountable for providing effective services that ensure all plant areas are operating within approved budgets for maintenance cost through enhanced planning and job organisation.
– Monitor steps of the maintenance process, observe control points and equipment, develop reporting procedures and systems.
– Continuously improve maintenance efficiency and productivity of plant machinery and personnel, involving training, new technologies and an atmosphere for innovation and operational excellence
The ideal candidate should have;
– Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
– Leadership, team building and management skills
The candidate should ideally possess the following.
– Bachelor Degree in an Engineering discipline
– A Masters or professional certification in Maintenance & Operations Management
– A Masters or professional certification in Metallurgy or Mineral Processing is a plus
– Proven track record in maintenance, streamlining processes, optimizing plant efficiency and, maintaining high quality plant equipment and processes.
About the Company
OmanCareers is a talent resourcing and training consultancy service provider, under the management of a’Ryadah Advanced Enterprises. OmanCareers is the first social media initiative in the Sultanate of Oman to offer employment, training, and education opportunities using social networking sites. Social networking is perhaps the quickest and perhaps the most cost effective means of broadcasting and disseminating job vacancy advertisements, training opportunities as well as a marketing and promotional tool for our clients, because it works to bridge the distance between the two parties through the use of social media in an effective manner.