WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is looking to recruit a number of Electrical Engineers) to join our power distribution project for Mazoon Electricity Company (MZEC) in Oman. WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff are providing consultancy services for Project Management including reviewing, designing, monitoring and supervising the construction of a range of power distribution works across MZEC areas.
As below but not limited to the following:
– Management of electrical activities for the substation construction and coordination between contractor and his subcontractor for the electrical construction/ installation
– Review and approve the construction program of the electrical woks submitted by the contractors and coordinate with the civil engineers to comply the requirements
– Review and approve the general drawings and engineering calculations submitted by contractor within the described time in the tender and advise the contractor if any modification required.
– Provide assistance to finalize any outstanding issues related to approval, construction of existing construction stations.
– Coordination with any other consultant appointed by the client or any other ministry regarding engineering matters related to the works
We would like to hear from degree qualified Electrical Engineers with minimum 8 + years of experience in Project Management of Power distribution works.
– Bachelor degree of Engineering in Electrical
– Should have minimum 8 yrs. experience in 11kV and 0.415kV Power distribution works of which 3 years in gulf countries / Oman preferable
– OHL including wooden poles and U/G cable works experience
– Distribution substations works experience
– Experience in Pre and Post Tender activities
– Primary substation execution work experience would be an advantage
– Good written and verbal communication skills in English including report writing
– Knowledge in Project Management Software applications including Primavera preferred
-Candidates with Valid driving license from Oman or Middle East would be given priority.
You’ll be joining a diverse group of individuals including engineers, scientists, technicians, consultants and academics, who work together to provide the most effective and sustainable solutions for our clients.
As one of the ‘Top 20 Companies to Work For in the UAE’, we offer a supportive team based environment, continued training and development, flexible working arrangements and rewarding career opportunities.
About the Company
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is one of the world\’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We bring together a unique pool of technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. The depth of our expertise and advice spans across the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With approximately 36,500 talented people in 500 offices across 40 countries, we are uniquely positioned to deliver successful and sustainable projects, wherever our clients need us.