The role involves providing credit analysis of their respective corporate clients, including meeting with clients, compilation of credit reviews and providing input into deal structuring
• Implement the business development plans for the assigned portfolio in line with unit’s strategic plan, with a view to optimize its contribution to Bank profits.
• Ensure that credit applications are prepared according to accepted standards and follow approvals through the credit process in an efficient manner.
• Ensure that the credit reviews and renewals are completed in a timely manner and within specified formats laid down in the Bank’s credit procedure manual.
• Complete all credit documentation related to customer facilities in order to comply with the Bank’s credit and risk policies.
• Provide support to relationship managers. Assist in the preparation of credit analysis reports on new lending proposals and on annual reviews to evaluate credit risk involved in extending facilities to clients
• Provide continual monitoring of portfolios credit standing, providing early warning of any deterioration
• Prepare analytical reports assessing the level of risk in the extension of new credit facilities and review/renewal of existing facilities
• Prepare annual credit reviews of portfolios in accordance with the annual business plan
• Review financial statements, analyzing the risk, and where necessary support the analysis by cash flow forecasts
• Assist in writing the credit recommendations for complex credits including conducting political and economic analysis of assigned countries and maintain current knowledge of the assigned sector.
• Assist with collateral management for credit facilities where required
• Works well in collaboration with team and department to ensure delivery of the assigned business plan in timely manner to meet targets.
• Ensures that all assigned reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet the Bank and department’s requirements, policies and standards
• Bachelor degree in any discipline, preferably Masters Degree or equivalent.
• Min. 3 years relevant experience in a financial institution.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Knowledge on the Corporate banking sector in Qatar and/or the region.
• Knowledge of Corporate Banking regulation, policies and standards.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, to interact effectively and professionally with clients and Senior Management
About the Company
Ever since Ahli Bank QSC (Ahlibank) was founded in 1983, more than 30 years ago, we have stayed true to our traditional values – qualities that define who we are today. Ahlibank’s vision is to be at the heart of the community and our promise is to give our customers the most personal banking experience and retain our strong traditional values whilst embracing change.
We updated our brand in 2014 to symbolise the changes taking place at the bank. As part of this initiative we have launched new branches, rebranded existing branches and ATMs, a new website and online banking platform. In the coming months, Ahlibank will continue its journey to deliver modern banking at the heart of the Qatar community. Our brand identity is a modern interpretation of a potent symbol from Qatar’s past, the oyster shell.
Our vision is simple and captures our ultimate goal to be at the heart of the Qatar community.