Atkins Middle East
We are currently looking for a qualified Transport Planner with 10 years’ experience to join our Strategic Transport Planning Business in the Middle East.
The candidate will be degree-qualified in a related professional field and ideally holding a Master’s qualification. Experience in leading and delivering transportation projects within a multi-disciplinary technical environment together with knowledge of Middle East and/or International Transport Planning standards and practices is essential. Transport modelling experience is considered an asset, report writing and presentation skills are essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This role requires leading and contributing to a variety of transport planning and modelling studies including large scale multi-modal transport master plan assessments, traffic impact studies or multi-disciplinary planning projects in the public and private sectors.
This would involve the following responsibilities:
• Technical delivery and management of small, medium and large-scale transport planning and modelling assignments with minimal supervision;
• Working closely with Project Managers and other Atkins departmental staff to ensure timely completion of the necessary analysis, reports and plans as assigned;
• Preparing high-quality written reports and technical analyses with the ability to present outcomes to concerned parties;
• Advising the client and stakeholders on transportation matters;
• Representing the Transportation Team whilst interacting internal client, as well as external stakeholders / statutory authorities;
• Ensuring deliverables adhere to prevailing QA/QS and document management protocols; and
• Application of technical competencies, as well as sharing these with junior staff.
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Comprehensive allowance
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Mobilisation and demobilisation to point of origin.
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
• Degree qualified in relevant field
• MSc and / or chartered status
• Must have a minimum of degree in planning or transportation and over five years related professional work experience after university graduation;
• Experience in delivering transportation projects within a multi-disciplinary technical environment;
• Competency in a range of transportation planning skills including development planning principles, access control, functional planning, public transport issues, temporary traffic management, pedestrian and non-motorised transportation issues, and transport demand theory;
• Project experience in the Middle East and familiarity with local trends and transport planning practices and standards;
• Experience with transport assessment, preliminary highway design and a good appreciation of transport appraisal and modelling techniques;
• Practical understanding of the role and importance of transport planning in development access, citywide mobility and assisting people’s needs;
• Experience in providing the appropriate junction analysis to assist traffic impact assessments;
• Excellent communication in written and spoken English;
• Experienced in project/financial management;
• Experience in giving technical presentations to diverse and non-technical audiences;
• Advanced skills and competence with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
• Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems;
• Project management and commercial competence;
• Must be willing to travel internationally.
• Previous Middle East or Gulf experience, and familiarity with local trends and transport planning practices and standards including securing approvals from statutory authorities;
• Capable of communicating in Arabic effectively, both written and spoken; and
• Capable of using modelling software such as VISUM, VISSIM, SIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM.
• Behavioural Competencies
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, such as high competency in listening and communicating;
• High attention to detail and eye for technical excellence;
• A positive attitude that focuses on improving team work and co-operation at all times;
• Good communication skills, oral and written, including presentation competency;
• Ability to work without excessive supervision;
• Ability for self-checking & correction of work;
• A team player.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to: focus on quality seek world class design and excellence strive to add value be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).