Kabul :An hours-long militant attack on a Kabul charity ended on Tuesday after all three assailants were gunned down by Afghan forces, the interior ministry said.
“Forty-two people including 10 foreigners were rescued,” ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said on Twitter, confirming at least one fatality in the attack.
Earlier on Monday night, three massive explosions had shaken the central Kabul. Twin bombing followed by another a little lates by Taliban killed at least 24 people and left 91 others wounded.
The blasts victims also included high-level officials, including an army general, as the Taliban ramp up their nationwide offensive against the US-backed government.
A suicide bomber struck the area just minutes after the first explosion, in an assault apparently aimed at inflicting mass casualties as officials left the ministry after work.