Mental health counselors work as primary mental health caregivers for their patients. Duties of a
mental health counselor include conducting mental health assessments, developing individualized
treatment plans, leading individual or group therapy sessions, running preventative mental wellness
classes or workshops and making treatment referrals. Mental health counselors may work for a
school, for a government department or an agency, as part of a social outreach agency or for
Counsel with emphasis on prevention. Work with individuals and groups to promote optimum
mental health. May help individuals deal with addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting,
and marital problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues
associated with aging and mental and emotional health.
1. Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients’ treatment.
2. Encourage clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, and
help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
3. Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
4. Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
5. Counsel clients and patients, individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming
dependencies, adjusting to life, and making changes.
6. Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, and tests.
Activities to be engaged with :
1. Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to
supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in
2. Assisting and Caring for Others — Providing personal assistance, medical attention,
emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or
3. Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others — Handling complaints, settling disputes,
and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
4. Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and
cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
5. Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or
maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
6. Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events — Identifying information by categorizing,
estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or
Skills Required are :
1. Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to
understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at
2. Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react
as they do.
3. Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
4. Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
5. Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and
future problem-solving and decision-making.
6. Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures
appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
7. Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
8. Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
9. Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work
10. Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or
organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
11. Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
12. Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the
13. Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
14. Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related
information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
15. Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
16. Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential
actions to choose the most appropriate one.
17. Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
Abilities to be Required:
1. Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others
2. Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
3. Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It
does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
4. Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
5. Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or
conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
6. Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce
answers that make sense.
7. Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas
presented in writing.
8. Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others
9. Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
10. Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
11. Selective Attention — The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without
12. Originality — The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or
situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
13. Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern
according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures,
14. Category Flexibility — The ability to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or
grouping things in different ways.
Knowledge and Experience
1) Psychology — Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in
ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods;
and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
2) Therapy and Counseling — Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for
diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career
counseling and guidance.
3) English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4) Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and
training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of
5) Sociology and Anthropology — Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal
trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
6) Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing
customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality
standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
7) Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles
involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership
technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Medical / Healthcare / Hospitals
Functional Area:Teaching , Education , Training , Counselling
Psychology Therapy and Counseling Sociology and Anthropology psychology and anthropology
Desired Candidate Profile:
UG: Any Graduate – Any Specialization, Graduation Not Required, B.A – Any Specialization, Psychology, Sociology
PG:Any Postgraduate – Any Specialization, Post Graduation Not Required, M.A – Any Specialization, Psychology, Sociology
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Please refer to the Job description above
Corsendonk Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Corsendonk touches almost every side of your business through its immaculate services. We stand with you in rendering administrative, financial, accounts, back office and variety of other services. However the basis to such exactitude lies in our business philosophy: