Wednesday , August 23 2017
Home / News / India / Mother, daughter accidentally eat snake with cabbage, fall ill

Mother, daughter accidentally eat snake with cabbage, fall ill

--Courtesy "You Tube" [Representational photo]

Indore: A 36-year-old woman and her teenage daughter of Indore accidentally ate a baby snake cooked with cabbage. They immediately felt unwell and shifted to a hospital.

Afzaan Imam and daughter Aamna (15) had started vomiting soon after consuming the vegetable on Thursday night, reports HT.

“I had cooked cabbage for dinner. After consuming some, I suddenly bit into something bitter and immediately felt unwell. My daughter also felt the same. When I checked the cabbage, I found a piece of snake inside,” Afzaan said.

They were rushed to the MY hospital by family members where their situation is said to be stable, according to doctors.

“They just vomited a lot after being admitted,” an attending doctor said.

“A snake’s poison becomes dangerous when it mixes with blood and gets circulated. We will monitor the condition of both the patients for the next couple of days,” Dr Dharmendra Jhanwar of the medicine department at the hospital said.

He said Afzaan and Aamna are being subjected to various check-ups to determine if the consumption of the snake has caused any damage to their body tissues.