Mumbai: Mumbai terror attack accused Abu Jundal has opposed the police’s application seeking documents pertaining to David Coleman Headley, the Pakistani-American Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist, from a Delhi court.
If the application is allowed, it would result in denial of fair trial to him, Jundal has said.
“The application…(is) part of the larger conspiracy to save the real perpetrators, including Headley and his Pakistani associates…Thereby making a scapegoat of the innocents like the accused (Jundal),” it says.
Police filed the application before special judge G A Sanap last week, seeking a direction to the Registrar of Delhi NIA court to provide the documents.
National Investigation Agency had registered a case against Headley in 2009.
On December 10 last year, the Mumbai court made Headley an approver in the 26/11 Mumbai attack case, granting him pardon. Headley, currently undergoing a 35-year sentence in a US jail, is likely to depose via video link on February 8.