New Delhi: A court here on Friday extended, by five days, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) custody of four suspected members of Islamic State terrorist outfit.
During in-camera proceedings, District Judge Amar Nath allowed NIA to quiz the four suspects for another five days while it sent seven other accused to two weeks judicial custody.
The accused remanded in NIA custody are Nazmal Huda, Mudabbir Mushtaq Shaikh, Mohammed Nafees Khan and Muhammed Abdul Ahad.
Asif Ali alias Arman Saani, Sayed Mujahid, Suhail Ahmed, Mohammad Aleem, Mohammed Obedullah Khan, Mohammad Shareef Mounuddin Khan and Mohammad Hussain Khan were remanded in judicial custody.
The NIA has alleged that that they were involved in conspiracy and planning with other associates and handlers of IS in order to motivate Indian youths to join the outfit and that the identity and role of such associates was being ascertained.
According to sources, the probe agency told court that it had recovered plenty of incriminating electronic record from the accused and it was essential to cross-check the version of each accused by interrogating all of them.
The agency said the accused were also encouraging Indian youths to join the IS.
The court on February 5 had sent three more arrested – Abu Anas, Mohammed Afzal and Imran Khan Pathan – to two weeks judicial custody.
All 14 suspects were picked up by the NIA in cooperation with the respective state police during raids at 12 locations in six cities last month. They have been booked under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.