The Data Center Construction Program Manager will be responsible for all activities in the Data Center design, implementation and overall responsible that all Program tasks related to civil, electro-mechanical and telecom are executed according to agreed plans and specifications and world-class Tier 3 or 4 data centers are constructed.
Key tasks of the Data Center Construction Program Manager are:
• Establish a comprehensive Program Management function to initiate, manage, monitor and follow-up the Data Center Construction Program.
• Act as the primary contact and counsel to senior management
• Manage customer expectations throughout the project regarding scope, budget, billing, schedules and time frames
• Conduct meetings according to the scope of the project including construction, technology and management meetings
• Develop budget and project plans during the analysis and design phase of the project
• Responsible for the development of all RFI and RFP documents required for bid tendering by working with consultancy teams.
• Oversee project in its entirety from proposal, implementation and Data Center certification
• In cooperation with Operator’s management and other Project teams, establish processes to ensure full, end-to-end coordination between all involved parties from Planning, Design, build, construction and implementation to Integration, commissioning and Operations of all related projects.
• Organise and follow-up that all project tasks are completed in an orderly, timely and cost-efficient manner.
• Ensure appropriate KPls are established to measure the performance of work of the implementation sections.
• Ensure that clear and explicit work processes and procedures are established and understood by all assigned parties, and set up systems and methodologies to monitor the execution and performance of work of all staff.
• Drive process development and iterative optimizations and identify inefficient and costly practices and recommend corrective actions.
• Prepare and recommend improvements enhancing the performance and effectiveness of the Network Implementation section.
• Oversee preparation of regular and adhoc program reports, and ensure these are complete and fully cover all key project issues, including recommendations for improvements and changes, as necessary
• Minimum 15 years Civil and Electro-mechanical experience with at least 5 years in leading Data Center Construction projects.
• University Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• Participated in a data center design and build project from inception to commissioning in construction of data center
• Knowledge of data center mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) design and management best practices including power and utilities, HVAC, space planning, security (physical), geographic site selection, architecture design, floor plans, cabinets and cabling
• Expert level knowledge of rack, cage, electrical distribution, and data cable infrastructure
• Expert level knowledge in reading/interpreting construction plans, one-line drawings, and construction specifications
• Experience and knowledge in building structure, Space planning, Power distribution, Cooling efficiencies, Cabling infrastructure, Pathways and connectivity, Scheduling, Budgets, Resource planning
• Formal training in Data Center construction techniques and methodologies and Uptime Institute or equivalent certification will be considered an advantage.
• Extensive knowledge and professional experience in project management, project control, project reporting and coordination.
• Essential skills: Team work, Communication skills and knowledge transfer capability.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and excellent presentation skills
About the Company
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000‘s of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.