Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Contingent on contract award, Boeing is seeking dynamic, student-centered Senior English Language Training (ELT) Instructors to Teach English as a Foreign Language in Doha, Qatar, in support of the Qatar Forces. The ELT Instructors will be assigned to Qatar Boeing International in Doha, Qatar. The Boeing ELT (BELT) program is powered by DynEd ELT Software. Instructors will be trained in the use of DynEd Software and how to coach students through the DynEd ELT. The BELT training will also include general Technical English Training and general Aviation Terms. The ELT program comprises of two fifteen-week terms and is designed to prepare student for follow-on BELT at the Defense Language Institute. Student to instructor ratio is 15:1. The BELT Senior Instructors will be responsible for the high quality delivery of the English Language program, fostering a learning environment that motivates and encourages students to develop of students’ general and technical English proficiency to established benchmark levels. The Senior ELT Instructors will support the Lead ELT Instructor to ensure success of the BELT Program and also be responsible for guiding and assisting lower level ELT instructors. The Senior BELT Instructors will be responsible for the success of the BELT program.
The BELT Instructors will also:
• utilizing the curriculum and resources provided, plan, prepare and deliver classroom based learning activities that facilitate relevant English Language practice and proficiency gains
• instruct, monitor and guide students in the use of CALL materials and equipment
• ensure integration of CALL and classroom sessions
• foster a supportive and encouraging learning environment for all students
• provide appropriate coaching and feedback to all students and instructors
• maintain accurate, complete and regular records and reports on students’ attendance, performance and development
• manage student behaviour by following and applying established policies
• The candidates must work in a very diverse environment of Middle Eastern culture and customs.
Bachelors degree required in Education, English as a Second Language, or a related field with 3 plus years of ELT experience.
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), Delta in English Language Training (ELT), or Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). with 3 plus years ELT experience
A Master’s Degree in TEFL/Applied Linguistics from a recognised institution is a plus.
About the Company
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defence, space and security systems. In the UK, we employ people across numerous sites, and were growing. Our long relationship with the UK aerospace industry, Armed Forces and commercial aviation sector dates back more than 75 years. Today, the UK remains a critically important market and supplier base, as well as a source of some of the world’s most inventive technology partners.
We offer many career paths in fields such as engineering, aircraft assembly, communications systems, maintenance and defence equipment, and manufacture and supply of aerostructure components.
Join us and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.