The Manager-HR Operations is to provide leadership and to coordinate, facilitate, and direct the entry-to-exit administrative and operational formalities for all employees in the worker cadre.
The Manager will be responsible for the entire management of the processes to ensure compliance with both the Ministry guidelines and the company guidelines. You will be responsible for ensuring all joining, post-joining and exit formalities are coordinated and completed in the most efficient way. The Manager will be responsible for the improvement of the processes and introducing ideas and processes for the streamlining and the automation of the activities.
Strategy and Planning
• Develop human resources strategy plans to support overall business plan for the Company.
• Provide advice and counsel to department heads, managers and staff for worker related operational conflicts
• Provide direction to the HR Operations Team for the effective administration of the tasks
• Plan, direct and oversee all administrative activities related to HR operations
• Actively review and improve work processes to ensure timely completion of administrative formalities to create a positive onboarding experience.
• Follow the UAE and Qatar labour laws for any changes and amendments and ensure that the relevant news is shared with all stakeholders.
• Drive the development action and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures applicable to the workers of the Company.
• Ensure the onboarding and new joiner administrative formalities are completed within the agreed timelines.
• Custodian, guide and expert on all terms and conditions of employment of workers.
• Ensure smooth and correct resolution of all employee grievances, disciplinary issues.
• Responsible for the efficient handling of contingency cases including the legal, insurance, final settlement formalities etc.
Governance and Compliance
• Keep immediate superior promptly and fully formed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
• Escalate and direct activities for system and process bottlenecks and issues; identify potential problems, troubleshoot, escalate issues to the management, and participate in post-mortem analysis of problems providing input for future process improvements.
• Decide on the disciplinary actions for workers on the basis of employees’ records and MOHRE code of conduct.
Separation and Repatriation
• Responsible for ensuring 100% repatriation of all medically unfit and other special cases within the timeframe and without incurring fines and within MOHRE guidelines.
• Visa Processing and Insurance
• Training and Process Improvement
• Workmen Compensation
• Organization, Culture & People
Have frequent interaction with workers to address their concerns by meeting them one on one or with ER and operations.
Other HR related activities coordination – issuing of HR related letters, assisting Corporate HR Corporate to track separated employees/absconders.
Educate employees on existing HR policies and encourage employees to participate in different company surveys.
• Graduate with specialization in human resources, international relations or other business-related field or an equivalent amount of experience and training.
• At least eight years of human resource operations/administration experience.
• At least three years of team management experience.
Job-specific Skills, Requirements:
• Thorough knowledge of UAE and Qatar labour laws
• Fluency in a language other than English
• MS Office Proficiency
• ERP Knowledge and JD Edwards.
• Valid UAE Driving License
About the Company
The Dulsco story began in 1935 when Mohammed Khan Abdulla Mirza Abdulla, the father of the present Chairman of Dulsco, Abdul Aziz Mohammed Khan Abdulla, appointed some able-bodied men to row their dhows through the Dubai Creek to a British India Steam Navigation Company owned ship at anchor in the Arabian Gulf, and bring ashore its cargo of foodstuff and clothing. Our stevedoring service launched then is still one of the many services that we provide. We consider ourselves the oldest stevedoring company in Dubai.
By the 1970s and the opening of Port Rashid in Dubai, we were a full-fledged stevedoring company serving the port. We started providing more manpower services by the 80s and became one of the earliest human resource management companies in Dubai.
In the 90s we began providing manpower outsourcing services and later we added waste management and other services to our portfolio. In 2005, Dulsco became a limited liability company and expanded its services to include all the emirates and neighbouring Gulf countries and today is one of the foremost HR solutions provider and recruitment agencies in Dubai.