The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the Project
– Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
– Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
– Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
– Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
– Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
– Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completition
Staff the project
– In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities
– Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
– Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential
– Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
– Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
Implement the project
– Execute the project according to the project plan
– Develop forms and records to document project activities
– Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
– Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
– Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
– Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Control the Project
– Write reports on the project for management and for funders
– Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
– Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
– Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
– Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
– Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
– Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
Evaluate the project
– Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
– Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
– Degree educated (Civil Engineering)
– 10 years of experience including civil marine building projects
– 5 years as a Project Manager in UAE
– Strong attention to detail with good communications skills
– Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
– Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
– Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
– Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
– Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
– Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
– Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
– Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
– Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
About the Company
Taylor Sterling is as an independent search and selection recruitment firm based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. With over 7 years experience attracting talent both locally and internationally to the GCC region.
We are an organization that strives to set the standard for the industry in the Middle Eastern region and beyond. We achieve this by following our mission values that have us portrayed as an integral business partner to our clients and an honest, impartial adviser to our candidates.
The formula to our success in providing turnkey solutions for talent acquisition requirements is one of integrity, transparency and accountability, coupled with extensive regional experience and in-depth industry sector knowledge. Going that ‘extra mile’ is what really stands us out from the crowd and ensures ‘peace of mind’ for clients and candidates a like.