The Safety Engineer provides a focal point for all safety issues throughout the construction contract by reviewing contractor’s safety submittals, visiting the site, chairing the weekly safety meetings, following up on non-conformances, and taking a lead role in ensuring the contractor complies with his approved Safety Plan and attends regular safety audits.
Advises and assists senior management in the formulation, implementation and management of major project safety plans. These plans may pertain to one or more job site locations.
Takes a lead role in the safety training and monitoring of internal staff. Complies with all internal safety procedures.
The Safety Engineer has an up-to-date knowledge of best safety practices, international codes/standards and possess a broad knowledge and experience of construction works in large infrastructure projects/programs.
• Represents the Logistics & QHSE Manager on construction job sites.
• Assists the Logistics & QHSE Manager in the establishment and management of the safety program and in the identification and mitigation of hazards to persons and property.
• Assist the Logistics & QHSE Manager in developing Safety Performance Indicators and Targets and helps communicate findings to staff and assist in implementation of the mitigation strategies.
• Provides oversight to the new hire safety orientation process and other safety related training.
• Assists in development of the Project Health, Safety and Environment Plan.
• Implements the Project Health, Safety and Environmental Plan.
• Reviews and advises on safety requirements in the Method Statement and Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA).
• Reviews risk assessments for upcoming work and provide technical assistance to the safety planning process.
• Receives, reviews and distributes safety inspection reports with recommended corrective actions.
• Audits and inspects the job site to detect and correct safety hazards.
• Audits the job accident records and periodically prepare an audit report of these records.
• Represents management during safety inspections of the job site by regulatory authorities.
• Verifies proper maintenance, calibration and operation of all safety equipment.
• Leads the weekly HSE meetings with the contractor and participates in site safety training.
• Takes a pro-active approach in resolving potential hazards at work site.
• Verifies agreed safety standards and applicable regulations are enforced by the contractor.
• Reports Near-misses and safety statistics each month.
• Maintains and applies knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
• Reviews “Permit to Work” procedures and log.
• Carry out record, document and issue daily, weekly & monthly, site safety inspections, audits and reports.
• Develop, monitor and conduct site wide HSE induction for multi-national contractors, employees and visitors.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be assigned.
• Bachelor degree in Safety, or related field and 7 years of related work experience.
• Recognized HSE qualification certificate level from IOSH or NEBOSH.
• GCC experience, UAE preferred.
• Thorough knowledge on International Best Practices.
• Large projects experience is preferred.
• Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity.
• Excellent written, presentation and oral communications skills.
• Fluent in English, Hindu, Urdu, Arabic or multi-national languages.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.