At Build-A-Bear Workshop, the Bear Builder executes the sales in the retail shops. They are responsible for achieving the company objectives in regards to WOW guest experiences, WOW associate experiences, and meeting sales and profitability goals set forth by the company.
The Bear Builder must be an exceptional role model in delivering superior guest service. They will work directly for the Chief Workshop Manager to promote operational excellence.
As part of their every-day responsibilities, the Bear Builder must achieve comp sales and/or sales plan all the while delivering the sales KPI’s in line with company expectations and consistently achieving excellent results in guest satisfaction.
Essential Role Functions
• Welcome and greet all Guests with a smile.
• Explain how the Build-A-Bear Workshop® process works
• Provide an entertaining and enjoyable experience for Guests of all ages.
• Perform all necessary tasks of First Impressions, Choose Me, Hear Me, Stuff Me, Stitch Me Fluff Me, Name Me, Dress Me, and Take Me Home.
• Perform all opening and closing functions such as stocking, presentation of merchandise and overall cleanliness of the store.
• Use suggestive selling skills to increase daily sales and Dollars per guest (DPT) otherwise known as ATV.
• Follow all company policies and procedures at the cash counter.
• Deliver to our company Party Commitments.
• Support business development for the party business if required.
• Follow all loss prevention and safety procedures.
• Follow all policies as they relate to Build-A-Bear Workshop Guests and Associates.
• Assist with unloading merchandise on delivery days.
• Promote the Build-A-Bear Workshop spirit with Guests and Team Members.
• Knowledge of Workshop sales goals and promotional objectives.
• Complete all tasks as assigned by Management.
• Enjoys working with children.
• Excellent Guest service skills.
• Positive and outgoing attitude.
• Enthusiasm and spirit.
• Team Player.
• Neat and clean appearance.
• Is honest and candid
• Flexible to work in any of the Build-A-Bear stores
About the Company
Where Best Friends Are Made® Maxine Clark is one of the true innovators in the retail industry. During her successful retail career, her ability to spot emerging retail and merchandising trends and her insight into the desires of the American consumer have generated growth for retail leaders, including department store, discount and specialty stores. In 1997, she founded Build-A-Bear Workshop®, a teddy-bear themed retail-entertainment experience. Today there are more than 400 Build-A-Bear Workshop stores worldwide, including company-owned stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland, and franchise stores in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Mexico and the Middle East. The company extends its in-store interactive experience online with its award winning virtual world at buildabearville.com.