Ali Bin Ali Group
This role has an overall demand planning management responsibility starting from gathering information, planning, procurement and on-time availability of stock, compliant to the Principal and ABA guidelines to ensure optimum working capital efficiencies and managing inventory, coordinating and negotiating with Sales Managers on forecasts thereby ensuring the departments long term objectives and the divisions short to medium term objectives are met.
1. Primary contact with Principal’s Mid-Level Management for Demand Management Aspects.
2. Responsible for Supplier/ Customer relationship management at Business Unit level contributing to highest level of customer supplier satisfaction.
3. Solves complex escalated problems related to demand & forecast issues with reference to established principles.
4. Co-ordinate with Department Heads in Finance, Sales & Logistics Functions to solve complex issues related to Forecasting, Sales Performance, Stock Norms, Working Capital, Non-Performing Inventories, etc.
5. Directly Manages the Demand Planner, Mentoring, training and developing staff to improve knowledge to allow career growth and personal development
6. Analyse Sales Trends using IT Technology to proactively identify complex and potential demand fluctuations
7. Measure and reports Sales Performances with the goal to mitigate or eliminate excess / overstocking and maintain optimum inventory levels.
8. Analyse and Implement Inventory Control Processes ensuring the optimization of on-hand inventory and at the same time, reduction of non-moving inventories
9. Analyse Demand Management Criteria and take proactive actions to reduce variance Analyse Forecast Accuracy trends and provide inputs for management for preventive actions in managing inventory
Minimum a University Degree holder preferably in commerce Certification in Supply Chain Management from a recognized institute
5 to 6 years’ experience in demand, purchase and inventory management within the similar industries, of which 2-3 years in a management capacity
Working knowledge of any ERP or Inventory Planning software and advance level of Microsoft Office
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world’s leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar’s diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group’s business divisions.