Wednesday , October 12 2016
Home / News / IS releases video hailing Dhaka attack, threatens more attacks

IS releases video hailing Dhaka attack, threatens more attacks


Dhaka : Hailing the Dhaka terror attack that killed 22 people, the Islamic State terror group today released a video calling for jihad in Bangladesh and threatening more attacks on crusaders and crusader nations.

The video message believed to be issued from Raqqa in Bangla was first found in an IS-affiliate website and then released on YouTube, reports the Dhaka Tribune.

The video comes as a follow-up to the dreadful attack on a Gulshan eatery in Dhaka last Friday that killed 22 people mostly foreigners.

Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack.

In the video, one of the three speakers said that the group would not stop until establishing Shariah law all over the world.

“The Jihad that has come to Bangladesh now has been promised by Prophet Mohammed,” Dhaka tribune quoted the man as saying.

“We will not stop killing the crusaders till then; we will win or die for our religion as martyrs and achieve Sahadaat [martyrdom] … we don’t have anything to lose,” he added.

The man also termed the current form of democracy a Shirk or unforgivable crime.

“I want to ask you a question: how do you support this ‘Shirk’ notion of democracy? Don’t you know that it gives power to people to enforce law and have power whereas the power belongs to Alllah only? [according to the Qur’an]”

Another speaker is seen labeling the Bangladeshi government as kafir.

“Since the govt has changed Allah’s law and has implied man-made law they are all ‘Kafirs’ now. It is our religious duty to fight against it. Crusaders are killing innocents Muslims globally with planes and bomb attacks.So the Holey Artisan incident is our revenge to the lost blood of the hundreds and hundreds of Muslims who were killed,” the second man said.

The third speaker then urged Muslim brothers and sisters to join the jihad saying it was what they had been dreaming of.

Islamic state reportedly in its 14th edition of Dabiq magazine published on April 13 claimed that they have organisational base in Bangladesh, from where they have plans to attack on India and Myanmar to avenge the persecution on Muslims.

The terror group since September last year has claimed responsibilities for at least 25 attacks killing foreigners, non-Muslim and non-Sunni preachers and police.

Meanwhile, as the probe to the Dhaka terror attack continues, police here said that it had shot dead the pizza chef of the restaurant, mistakenly thinking he was one of the militants.

According to reports, new details from interviews with the officials and the first information report registered at a Dhaka police station suggest that security agencies were slow to deal with Friday’s attack.

So far, police named five Bangladeshi gunmen who stormed the restaurant who have identified as Nibras Islam, Rohan Imtiaz, Meer Saameh Mubasheer, Khairul Islam and Shafiqul Islam.

Nine Italians, seven Japanese, one Indian, one Bangladeshi-American and two Bangladeshis were killed in the terror attack.

In addition two policemen were also killed while trying to rescue hostages.

The 12-hour-long hostage crisis at the cafe popular with foreigners ended after a two-hour long assault by armed forces’ commandos killing six gunmen.(ANI)

Read Also


Government keen 2017-18 budget should not clash with polls: Arun Jaitley