With protesters going on rampage, creating serious law and order situation in Haryana, Director General of Police (DGP) Y.P. Singhal on Saturday appealed to elderly people to counsel the youth not to take part in such protests.
Here are the highlights of the press conference:
1) Protesters are not blocking roads everywhere; people are responding in peaceful way after.
2) In many places, the jams have opened up. At least ten companies of Paramilitary forces have reached while another 23 are on their way.
3) Over 78 people have been injured during these protests.
4) Flag match is underway in the affected areas, and I am sure the situation will normalise very soon.
5) There was stone pelting at BJP MP Raj Kumar Saini’s house, but the police reached the spot instantly and the protestors were dispersed.
6) Strict action would be taken in all the registered cases.
7) The report of IG’s residence being attacked is false. The house hasn’t been vandalised. The house gate was burnt and stones were pelted at his house.
8) Curfew has been imposed in Rohtak, Bhiwani, and Jhajjar.
9) We are taking all measures to ensure peoples’ security.