• Manufacturer of Power Transformers and Rotating Electrical Machines
• Location: Craiova, Romania
• Competitive Expatriate Salary Package + Benefits
Reference # 540
Our client is a global provider of power transformers and rotating electrical machines with global operations based in Romania. Continued market growth has created this opportunity with our client who are a subsidiary of a renowned Saudi business conglomerate with global operations. Our client now seek to appoint a Technical Manager for their Motors & Generators Division to direct and oversee a team of designers who use computer aided design for product design. This role is also responsible for the development of design engineering and up-to-date technology utilization.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager – Motors and managing a team of Design Engineers, the proven performer we seek will be responsible for the following:
• Develop and supervise an R&D team making efficient use of up-to-date software and technologies.
• Establish creative strategy, budgets & schedules for key design projects.
• Is permanently aware of quality and try to find the best solutions to continually mitigate production costs.
• Lead and direct the design department activity and overall design assignment process.
• Control engineering cost through maximization of staff productivity.
• Plan, track and manage projects assigned in the department in terms of quality and time and adhere to the established specifications and standards.
• Direct, motivate and influence the group of designers to constantly strive for excellence in performance.
• Mentor and supervise creative team while challenging and introducing new and innovative methods of creative execution.
• Provide influencing ideas to enhance department productivity.
• Convey and develop overall interactive team design vision by defining group direction and goals.
• Develop and maintain an efficient collaboration with the other departments involved in the process such as Production and Logistics.
• Monitor and manage the main indicators of the department.
• Generate new work procedures and improve the existing ones in order to achieve the expected efficiency level of the process managed.
The attributes we seek for this successful candidate include:
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable is required with 15+ years technical and design experience in the motors and generators industry.
• Strong technical expertise in the field of rotating electrical machines and motors.
• Candidate who were formerly R&D Managers would also be well suited to this position and would then work across both the motors and generators markets.
• Must has extended knowledge about principles of design, electrical engineering and building regulations and is familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Strategic and analytical thinking with a strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and planning abilities.
• Communication and coaching abilities with problem solving skills.
• Language skills: fluent in English (written and verbal) and Romanian.
• Proficient user of engineering design software.
A competitive salary package will be offered to attract exceptional candidates to this growth organization. To apply, forward your resume in Word format quoting reference # 540.
About the Company:
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through ‘best fit candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.