Sunday , July 23 2017
Home / Crime / Crime and Accident / Ten fall ill after consuming wild mushroom

Ten fall ill after consuming wild mushroom

Shimla: Ten persons including six of a family in village Khaneti in Sundernagar subdivision of Mandi district fell ill after consuming traditional wild mushroom last night, officials said.

The family members and their guests were admitted to the civil hospital, Sundernagar, early morning today.

Two of them, who were in a critical condition, were shifted to the zonal hospital, Mandi, official sources said.

They said that the family had prepared a traditional dish of wild mushroom yesterday night and all of them, including some guests, fell unconscious after consuming it.

They were rushed to the community health centre, Rohanda, in late night hours and later shifted to civil hospital, Sundernagar.

The villagers accused that the medical facilities at CHC, Rohanda, were not up to the mark and patients have to be shifted to Sundernagar for treatment.

—PTI