New Delhi: Three teenagers were on Sunday electrocuted, while another suffered electric shock at Sahorba ghat in Bihar’s Darbhanga district, an official said.
They were bathing in a pond when an overhead high tension wire snapped and fell into the water body. Three of them were electrocuted while another received electric shock, District Magistrate Chandrashekhar Singh said.
The victims were identified as Lal Gulab Yadav (15), Gopal Yadav (14) and Sujit Yadav 16), he said, adding the bodies have been sent for postmortem and the injured boy admitted to a primary health centre (PHC) for treatment.
He said that an ex-gratia compensation of Rs four lakh each will be given to the next of kin of the victims. North Bihar Power Holding Company ltd has been asked to probe the incident, Singh said.