• Building Related Products Supply Provider
• Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
• Excellent Salary Package + Benefits
Our client is a leading conglomerate of companies in GCC who currently seek to appoint a Vice President – Supply Chain for their Building Products Group of companies. This role is responsible to provide strategic supply chain services across 10 companies within the Group that manufacture and distribute products such as plasterboard, structural steel, cabling, interiors, curtain walls, waterproofing as well as heavy electrical equipment. The firm are located across the GCC and Europe.
Reporting to the Sector CEO and managing a direct team of 10 staff, this pivotal role is responsible for the following:
• Design and implement a Value Chain for the group through tailor-made supply chain policies and procedures for each of the group’s companies.
• Set the group strategic visionary objectives for the supply chain function. The objectives should lead to achieving the strategic objectives of the group as well as for each of the group’s companies.
• Lead and participate in drafting the Group’s Supply Chain policies and procedures.
• Be the primary Supply Chain Point of Contact for the individual companies’ in the group.
• Lead and direct the performance management of the Supply Chain team.
• Focus on free cash as a result of best supply chain practices. This should include to:
o Develop KPIs related to Payables, Inventory turns, JIT, etc.
o Benchmark against related industry for each company and against overall group targets.
o Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for Raw Materials or finished products.
o Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste or optimize customer service
• Streamline procurement function processes within the group of companies from planning until delivery. This should include to:
o Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
o Enhance the procurement processes of the group’s strategic commodities / services.
o Negotiate prices of strategic commodities / services.
o Set targets for each company procurement departments regarding payment terms and vendor evaluation process.
o Implement Vendor Management system (VMS) including qualification, auditing, monitoring and evaluation of key vendors’ performance.
o Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
o Streamline material requirement planning in each company to meet the overall groups supply chain objectives.
• Review and upgrade each individual company Logistics solutions and streamline with the group’s logistics standards / KPIs.
• Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing or receiving.
• Design supply chain processes and practices that support environmental policies, regulations and laws.
• Conduct or oversee life cycle analyses to determine the environmental impacts of products, processes or systems.
• Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
• Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
• Assess automation of system reporting and best utilization of the group’s IT solutions.
• Build / help in building system based analysis of various supply chain related activities.
The attributes we seek for this position include:
• Degree in Business Management / Logistics or comparable is required with a Masters being highly regarded
• A minimum of 15 years supply chain management experience is required with candidates being highly proficient in strategic supply chain management.
• Candidates must possess MENA regional experience working across groups of companies.
• The ability to multi task, work well under pressure and have strong problems solving skills is essential.
• Candidate must be a strong communicator with exceptional negotiation skills.
To apply, please forward your resume in Word format quoting reference # 591 with a cover letter expressing why you feel you would fit this exceptional role.
About the Company:
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through ‘best fit candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.
Contact By Email Or Phone:
Phone : +974 4452 7900
Mobile: +974 5553 2113