Muslim Ummah – May I have your attention please. Ten questions in the background of the Plight of people migrating to Europe.
1) We are oil rich countries but don’t extend support to fellow brothers, why?
2) We have money to spend on decorating our cars with precious stones but not to provide basic needs to our needy brothers, why?
3) We can build sky scrapers for the sake of mere records but never think of building small houses for deprived Ummah, why?
4) We can create record of losing money in gambling but never get serious about setting our own records right, why?
5) We are 57 Muslim Nations having plenty of surplus land but for needy Muslims we have space, why?
6) We made claims of being Allah fearing but we have no humanity, why?
7) We are in very large numbers (2.1 billions) but nobody is coming forward to help the suffering brothers, why?
8) Ours is the highest valued currency in the world but never used for valued cause of helping others, why?
9) Our oil (65%) & gold(80%) reserves have great impact on world economy but not on the sufferings of our Muslim world, why?
10) In response to the appeal made by a member of royal family every common man spend generously but royal family never spend generously for common man, why?
European Migrant Crises: All you need to know
• The ongoing conflicts in Syria and Afghanistan and abuse in Eritrea have become major drivers of migration.
• More than 350,000 migrants were detected at the EU’s borders in January – August 2015, compared with 280,000 detections for the whole of 2014.
• More than 230,000 people have arrived in Greece and about 100,000 in Italy so far this year.
• According to International Organization for Migration, over 2,600 migrants have drowned in the Mediterranean this year, trying to reach Greece of Italy. This week, 71 refugees were found dead in a truck in Austria, and scores of other migrants died off Europe’s shores yet again.
• Thousands of migrants have tried to board trains to Germany from Hungary, forcing Budapest’s Eastern Railway station to close it on September 1.
• Migrants are also face abuse or suffer beatings from gang masters who lure them a secure passage to Europe.
Some of the worst Migrant tragedies in 2015 include:
• On August 27, two boats carrying about 500 migrants sank after leaving Zuwara in Libya.
• 71 people were found dead in an abandoned lorry in Austria on August 27.
• Shipwreck off Italy’s Lampedusa Island on 19 April took an estimated 800 lives.
• Atleast 300 migrants feared to have drowned after attempting to cross the Mediterranean in rough seas in early February.