New Delhi [India]: Along with putting an end to the sweat and sunburn of scorching summers, winter brings a complete set of health problems- like cold, cough, dry skin, chapped lips and more.
Apart from all these problems, swollen fingers is a major concern for people during this season.
In the case of swollen fingers, there is redness which gradually leads to a burning sensation and itching which is really painful.
Here are a few tips given by cosmetologist Dr. Megha Shah from Beauty and Curves Clinic (Surat) that will help you get rid of swollen fingers once and for all.
Lemon: Apply lemon juice on the swollen part of the fingers and get an instant relief.
Onion: Everybody knows that onion improves the blood flow in the body. It has antibiotic and antiseptic properties and hence, if applied on the affected area, gives relief from itching and swelling.
Garlic: Garlic is a powerhouse of antiseptic properties that are great to counteract the problem of swollen fingers.
Turnip: Apart from various health benefits, turnip is also an effective painkiller which reduces the issue of swelling, redness and itching in the fingers.
Apart from these wonder ingredients, there are certain home remedies that are highly effective in case of swollen fingers.
– Add a pinch of powdered black pepper in a mustard oil and heat it properly. Once, it is cool, apply it on the swollen fingers and see the results.
– Cut a slice of potato and add salt, apply it on the affected area. This formula is great to get relief from swelling, redness and itching.
– Prepare a mixture of glycerin, porridge, egg and apply it on the swollen area. Cover this paste using a bandage and keep it for some time. The mixture reduces swelling.
On a related note, the advancement in the medical science has not left any stone unturned when it comes to treatments and solution to serious problems and health issues.
Throwing light on this issue, Dr Shah said, “The doctor will diagnose the condition and find out the cause first and plan the treatment. If there is any localised swelling or a sports injury, then Venus Treatments provide a magnetic pulse with multipolar radio frequency in the unique and absolutely painless way. The treatment takes around 10 minutes and repeated weekly for optimum results. The magnetic pulse provides angiogenesis, increased blood circulation to the affected area. Thus, it provides more oxygen, nutrients, vitamins and minerals to the affected area and ensures good healing. All over the world, it is used on small as well as large joints like fingers, elbows, shoulders, knees and hips injury.”
– There is a vast variety of lotions and body oils available in the market. However, always use them only after consultation with the doctor.
– Wear gloves and socks to keep the fingers of your hands and feet warm and cozy.
– Do not use ice cold water to wash your hands and feet. (ANI)