Pak Army terms Bipin Rawat’s statement on Balakot ‘irresponsible

Islamabad: Pakistan Army on Tuesday termed Indian Army Chief Bipin Rawat’s recent remarks on Balakot “irresponsible”.

Spokesperson of Pakistan Armed Forces, Major General Asif Ghafoor’s comments on Twitter came a day after the Indian Army Chief said that Pakistan has recently reactivated the terror camp in Balakot.

“Let me tell you, Balakot has been reactivated by Pakistan very recently. Obviously that shows that Balakot was affected and damaged and destroyed. That is why people had got away from there,” Rawat said while addressing a press conference in Chennai.

He was responding to questions on whether there were new terror launch pads in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK).

READ:  Night curfew in 8 districts of R'than to check spike in Covid cases

“It highlights that some action had been taken by the Indian Air Force (IAF) at Balakot and now they have got the people back there,” Rawat added.

Meanwhile, rejecting Rawat’s statement, spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Dr Mohammad Faisal on Tuesday said that India’s statements and measures are a threat to regional peace and stability.

On February 27 this year, IAF fighters flew deep into Pakistan to bomb a Jaish-e-Mohammed terror facility at Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. The action came after the February 14 suicide bombing in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama, which killed over 40 CRPF personnel. Since then tensions between India and Pakistan had escalated.

Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News
Back to top button