Paris: France has banned all gatherings of more than 1,000 people in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease, officially known as COVID-19, in the country, Health Minister Olivier Veran said here on Sunday.
“At the national level, all events with a crowd of more than a thousand people are prohibited,” Veran said in a press conference, aired live by the Elysee Palace on Facebook.
The French government had earlier banned all indoor gatherings of more than 5,000 people in a bid to contain the spread of the deadly virus in the country.
In addition, the government also canceled the half-marathon in Paris, as well as other upcoming large-scale events across the country.
According to the latest data, France has registered 1,126 COVID-19 cases in the country, while at least 19 people have died from coronavirus-related complications.