Hyderabad: A meeting of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) standing committee held Wednesday under the Chair of the Mayor G Vijayalakshmi for the approval of alternative roads in the city, road expansions, junction improvements and 40 other development projects.
The mayor Vijayalaxmi informed that important decisions were taken to develop 5 to 6 junctions in each Municipal zone.
In the meeting, a MIM member sought the development of Balapur to Bandlaguda Road.
The GHMC commissioner said a tender shall be sought soon for setting up another C&D plant in the city.
The road projects approved in the meeting for expansions and acquisition of properties are:
- Tigal Kunta cross Road to Tadban labor adda via Irfan hotel nawab Sahab Kunta – 228 properties to be acquired.
- Metro bakery to Adeeba Hotel Road expansion in Rajendra Nagar – 236 properties to be acquired.
- Moghal ka Nala to Puranapul Road expansion – 573 properties to be affected.
- Lucky star hotel to Hafiz Baba Nagar via ful Mohammadiya Masjid Road expansion – 138 properties to be affected.
- Dabeerpura darwaza to Mandi Mir Alam road expansion – 52 properties to be acquired.
- Banjara darwaja to Naya Qila Via Golconda Police station, Road expansion – 168 properties to be acquired.
- Banjara darvaja to Fateh darwaza Road expansion – 273 properties are being affected.
Similarly, a resolution has been adopted in the meeting to acquire:
- 34 properties for Kacheguda junction development;
- 21 properties for Jama Masjid Chauk Laad Bazaar junction improvement;
- 44 properties for Ali cafe junction improvement;
- 26 properties for YMCA junction improvement; and
- 22 properties for Barkatpura junction development.
Budget of Rs 6 cr has also been approved for the construction of a a multi-purpose stadium at Khairatabad zone’s circle number 18 at NBT Nagar.
Similarly, a Shamshan Ghat project has also been approved at Khairatabad with a budget of Rs. 2.20 cr.