HYDERABAD: The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) in Hyderabad has been ranked as the world’s eighth best in a survey conducted by AirHelp.
According to the survey, Hamad International Airport in Doha in Qatar was rated the world’s best airport followed by Tokyo International Airport in Japan and Athens International Airport in Greece.
The Hyderabad airport was ranked eighth.
The 10 Best Airports of 2019
1. Hamad International Airport, Qatar (DOH)
2. Tokyo International Airport, Japan (HND)
3. Athens International Airport, Greece (ATH)
4. Afonso Pena International Airport, Brazil (CWB)
5. Gdansk Lech Wałęsa Airport, Poland (GDN)
6. Sheremetyevo International Airport, Russia (SVO)
7. Changi Airport Singapore, Singapore (SIN)
8. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, India (HYD)
9. Tenerife North Airport, Spain (TFN)
10. Viracopos/Campinas International Airport, Brazil (VCP)
In March 2017, the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) ecured the first position ACI ASQ in the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) passengers’ survey in the category of 5-15 Million Passengers Per Annum for the year 2016.
The Hyderabad International airport is managed by a public-private joint venture consisting of the GMR Group, Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad and both the State Government of Andhra Pradesh and Airports Authority of India (AAI).