Hyderabad: 78-year-old dies after room heater catches fire

The woman was identified as V. Nirmala who was 78-years-old.

Hyderabad:  An elderly woman died after short-circuitcaused fire in the room heater at her residence in Khairtabad.

The woman was identified as V. Nirmala who was 78-years-old.

An official from Punjagutta PS said, “After the short circuit, the heater caught fire and filled the room with smoke, inhaling which the women died on spot.”

Police also informed that the woman was alone at her home when the incident occurred and the body was found when their maid reached home and saw that the entire flat was filled with smoke.  Following which the building’s watchman checked and found the lady dead.

READ:  Protesters demand immediate re-building of Amberpet, Secretariat mosques

Later the police shifted the body to Osmania Hospital for postmortem and registered a case under section 174 of the CRPC (The Code of Criminal Procedure).

Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News
Back to top button