Hyderabad: Mistaking it for water, a man mixed acid with alcohol and consumed it on Sunday. He died on Monday. The incident occurred in Chandrayangutta. The matter came to light only when the police registered the case on Tuesday.
According to Hans India, a 26-year-old auto driver consumed acid mixed alcohol and died.
The man has been identified as Vijay Kumar Swamy, son of Ganapati Swamy, a resident of Kummariwada. On Sunday night he went on to the terrace to take alcohol and he mixed acid in the alcohol mistaking for water. He alerted his family members after he experienced severe burns in his throat. Family members rushed him to Osmania General Hospital. He died on Monday night while undergoing treatment.