• Top Stories
  • Popular
  • People Also Viewed
  • Poll
  • Share
  • Comments

Man travelling on train roof dies of electrocution

Man travelling on train roof dies of electrocution

Ghatkopar: An unidentified man who was travelling on the roof of a train died of electrocution at suburban Ghatkopar station on the Central line on Friday night, a railway official said.

“A rooftop traveller electrocuted at Ghatkopar station. He came in contact with high voltage OHE wire and burnt severely,” Shivaji Sutar, Central Railway’s Chief Public Relations Officer said.

The incident took place around 9:25 pm.

Later, station master and staff shifted him to Rajawadi Hospital for treatment where he was declared dead by doctors.

Following the incident, services on the south-bound route towards Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus were brought to a halt for a while.

People Also Viewed

Go back to top