Shimla: At least five persons, including three women, of a wedding party were charred to death when a house caught fire near Mandi town in Himachal Pradesh early on Monday, police said.
The incident took place at Ner Chowk around 5 a.m. when the occupants of the house were asleep.
The deceased were identified as Narender Soni and Veena Soni, Sudesh, Mona,40, and her eight-year-old son Sai Sohel.
Prima facie the cause of fire is believed to be a short-circuit, Superintendent of Police Gurdev Chand Sharma said. The deaths were reportedly due to suffocation.