Mumbai: Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui has dismissed the allegation of claims in connection with the Call Detail Record (CDR) scam, and termed them as “random” in a tweet. The critically acclaimed actor condemned the media for questioning him about his involvement in the scam, while he accompanied his daughter.
“Last evening, I was helping my daughter to prepare her school project Hydroelectric Power Generator and went to her school this morning for Project Exhibition. To my surprise, the media had questions about some random allegations on me #Disgust,” Nawazuddin tweeted. He also shared some pictures with his daughter, Shora.
Last evening, I was helping my daughter to prepare her school project Hydroelectric Power Generator & went to her school this morning for Project Exhibition.
To my surprise the media had questions about some random allegations on me #Disgust pic.twitter.com/APPaEK373q
— Nawazuddin Siddiqui (@Nawazuddin_S) March 10, 2018
Thane police had summoned Siddiqui, his wife, Anjali, and a lawyer in connection with investigations, the police said yesterday. The scam had come into highlight on January 24 in Thane.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Abhishek Trimukhi told media-persons that “the three were called after some of the arrested accused had informed police that an advocate got hold of CDRs of Anjali from private detectives.”
The police on a tip-off in January had caught four private detectives from Kalwa in the district. Since then, 11 people were arrested, Trimukhi said.