Hyderabad: Siasat Urdu Daily presented a 14-point program for the overall development of Muslim community.
It may be mentioned that Siasat had extended full support for the formation of separate Telangana State in the past.
Capt. Uttam Kumar Reddy called on Mr. Zahid Ali Khan and Mr. Amer Ali Khan at their residence. On this occasion, Mr. Zahid Ali Khan presented the 14-point program to the Congress president. He requested Capt. Reddy to include these points in the election manifesto of the Congress Party.
He declared that any party which supports this agenda, Siasat will extend its support to that party.
The silent features of the agenda are:
- Allocation of Rs. 5000 crore for Minorities welfare and a separate sub-plan. Separate Medical College for Muslims.
- Constitution of Experts Committee for Muslim reservation.
- Adequate representation of Muslims in various sectors.
- Direct financial assistance from Minorities Finance Corporation.
- Allocation of Rs. 500 crore for protection of wakf properties.
- Formation of separate engineering construction firm for the development of wakf properties.
- Giving residential properties on rent to Muslims
- Allotment of commercial spaces to Muslim youths.
- Direct recruitment of Muslim youths through Wakf Board.
- Recruitment of 10 youths on a salary of Rs. 10000 per month in each district for protection of wakf properties.
- Sanctioning of Rs. 1000 for meeting medical expenses to destitute minority families. Giving scholarships worth Rs. 5000 per annum to Muslim candidates who have secured more than 75% marks at SSC level for pursuing further education.
- Construction of Urdu Ghar, marriage halls and their conversion into training and development centers. Setting up of industrial corridors in districts
- Filling up vacant post in education and Unani Dept.
- Formation of NRIs Ministry on par with Kerala.
Capt. Reddy assured that all these suggestions would be placed before the manifesto drafting committee of the Congress.
He also told that Congress is the real friend of the Muslims and it will take suitable steps for the development of Muslims community.