San Bruno: A female gunman reportedly died of a self-inflicting gunshot in an incident of cross-firing at the headquarters of the YouTube on Tuesday at San Bruno in California. Further, four civilians were reportedly injured in the incident.
Police chief Ed Barberini of San Bruno city, 19 km from San Francisco, said the suspect, a female shooter, appeared to have shot herself after injuring multiple people at the campus of the YouTube facility on Tuesday, Xinhua news agency reported.
“We did locate a victim with what we believe to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound,” said Barberini. “It’s a female, but the investigation is still ongoing before we can put all the pieces together.”
The shooting took place in an outdoor cafe at the YouTube campus which houses at least 1,700 employees. Police are still searching the building to look for another possible shooter.
Barberini said the four injured people had been transported to a local hospital for gunshot wounds. “We have a 32-year-old female who is in serious condition, a 27-year-old female in fair condition, and a 36-year-old male in critical condition,” KPIX 5 TV quoted Brent Andrew, spokesman for Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, as saying.
Google, the parent company of YouTube, issued a statement earlier, saying that “We continue to actively coordinate with local authorities and hospitals. Our security team has been working closely with authorities to evacuate the buildings and ensure the safety of employees in the area.”
United States President Donald Trump on Wednesday offered his “thoughts and prayers” after a shooting at YouTube headquarters at California. Trump took to his Twitter account to inform that rescue teams and law enforcement officers have reached the site of the shooting.
“Was just briefed on the shooting at YouTube’s HQ in San Bruno, California. Our thoughts and prayers are with everybody involved. Thank you to our phenomenal Law Enforcement Officers and First Responders that are currently on the scene”, Trump tweeted.
With agencies inputs