- Desi ghee – 1/2 cup
- Sooji – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 3 cups
- Dry fruits – for garnishing (I used cashews, almonds and raisins)
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Water to knead
- Oil for frying
Procedure: How to make Halwa Poori
- Heat ghee in a heavy-bottom pan.
- Add sooji and fry till golden brown.
- Add water and cook for a min.
- Add sugar and cook for about a min.
- Garnish with dry fruits.
- Knead the wheat flour with water to form a thick dough.
- Make small balls and roll them into flat poori shape.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Deep-fry the pooris till golden-brown from both sides.
- Drain on a kitchen tissue paper.
- Serve Halwa Poori together.