1) To clean rooms as per laid down procedures and check them for any defects.
2) To clear room status from dirty to clean.
3) To communicate any defects found in the rooms or any area in the Hotel and liaison with the concerned authorities to rectify them. In the event of any errand requested by the guest the same should be attended immediately or co-ordinate with the concerned Department and sort out the issue on hand. You will not at any time inform the guest that the task asked for by him / her would be attended to by the concerned Department. For the guest you would be the one point contact on behalf of the Hotel and hence any service asked by the guest needs to be attended immediately irrespective of whether the task on hand is not within your purview of the job.
4) To handle any special requests.
5) To use Housekeeping check lists, fill floor register and keep record of days work.
6) To bring down and deposit guest left behind items for handing over to the Security.
7) To keep control and check on the area assigned with regards to Cleanliness, Guest safety and Security.
8) To replenish Linen and Guest amenities in floor pantries periodically.
9) To take care of all equipment and tools and to keep them in clean and working condition at any given time.
10) To handle master keys as per key control procedures.
11) Co-ordinate with other departments i.e. Engineering, Food & Beverage, Front Office, etc. for day to day jobs.
12) To report any unusual incidents happening on any floors to your Supervisor and also the Security.
13) To ensure that the task list as conveyed during training is complied with in the format available with House Keeping Department including changes as may be made from time to time.
14) To always be punctual on duty in a clean and ironed uniform.
15) To be well-groomed at all times in adherence to the laid down standards of the Hotel.
16) Any other duty / responsibility as may be assigned by any person placed in authority above.
Salary:INR 1,25,000 – 2,25,000 P.A.
Industry:Travel / Hotels / Restaurants / Airlines / Railways
Functional Area:Hotels , Restaurants
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile:
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: BHM – Hotel Management
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
The Indian Hotels Company Limited
Established in 1903, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is one of Asia’s largest and finest group of hotels, comprising 56 hotels in 39 locations across India with an additional 18 international hotels in the Maldives, Mauritius, Malaysia, Seychelles, Australia, UK, USA, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Africa and the Middle East. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Rajput palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. The Taj, a symbol of Indian hospitality, has recently completed the centenary of its landmark hotel, Taj Mahal Palace and Tower, Mumbai. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is part of the Tata Group, India’s premier business house.At the Taj, every employee is an ambassador of the culture and spirit of the Taj. The Taj Ã¢â‚¬ËœmagicÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ is all about passion in what one is doing, the pursuit of excellence, feeling included, warmth and the highest levels of service standards with a relentless and untiring obsession about delighting the guest. This spirit that rings through the heart of every Taj employee makes the difference between a job in any hospitality company and career with the Taj.The Taj is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities to marginalised communities.
Recruiter Name:Arun Mangineni
Contact Company:The Indian Hotels Company Limited